-Oh my word.... We canceled Cable!-

Our weekend was relatively uneventful and lazy.
We lounged and bummed around watching our favorite shows. A week ago we talked about and decided to cancel cable.
It just didn't make sense anymore to pay a fortune for channels we never watch and reruns of shows we have seen many times before. There are just a couple of shows I could watch over and over again, but to pay close to $100 for them just didn't seem right. So we just canceled and now we watch movies and shows through Amazon Prime and online.

I've been a Prime Member with Amazon for several years now and I love it and since we would rent or buy movies from Amazon a lot anyways, it made more sense to pay a yearly membership fee of $100 instead that amount for a monthly subscription fee to cable.

I ordered the Amazon Fire TV box to be hooked to our TV until it gets here we just connect my laptop to the big screen and watch TV through it. We don't miss cable at all and save tons of money.
Amazon Fire TV combines all your favorite subscriptions and streaming services with Amazon's massive selection of digital content. Watch Netflix, HULU Plus, listen to music or play games
If you would like more info about Amazon TV check the link below.

I will have to do some research and maybe buy a old fashioned yet new TV antenna to receive the local and free channels, but we live in a small city in a rural area and I don't know how good the reception would be.



I think to get rid of cable was a good idea and with the money we save it can be put to better use.

Thanks for looking



No comments:

Post a Comment