-Folding Chair Makeover-

I've had this chair for such a long time and cannot remember how or when we got it. I thought I will try and bring it back to live again.

With a little fabric and paint it started to look nice and useful again. This project was a relative quick one and I love the result.


So here it is with it's back support missing, the wood is splattered with paint and is faded from exposure to sun.



The old seat canvas has been washed so it could be covered with new fabric. I wanted to reuse it, because it is very sturdy. The new cover will be cotton canvas which is really a paint drop cloth I bought at the hardware store.



The next thing left to do was sew a new back support. For a little bit of girly flair I added a nice crochet lace border.



Then the wooden chair parts have been sanded, primed and painted white. After the paint had dried the seat canvas was replaced and secured with the hardware.


Then all there was left to do was to put the back support on and the new pretty chair was ready. Well as you can see I should have ironed said back support first, but I was so excited about it to be finished that I forgot, but since it just slips of it will be easy to iron it.


Thanks for looking



No comments:

Post a Comment