-World Market Mini Haul!-



When I'm in the city shopping, the last stop I always make is at the World Market Store
I love browsing through the different sections of the worlds products.
From furniture and accessories, to food and drink from India, Italy, Austria, the Philippines, Argentina and many other countries. I believe 50 different countries in all are represented.

I of course go there to find products from Germany. The selection is not large, but the WM carries a few of my favorite things. I never walk out of the store without buying something. 
This time I found and bought some favorites of mine and my husbands.


Hanuta is a favorite since my childhood.
For years my mom would send me these in care packages, but I'm happy to find them here now as well.


The Oktoberfest in Munich is about to start this weekend. 
On Saturday 9/20 is the arrival of the tent patrons with parade through Munich. With that, one of the greatest German parties will begin. To mark the festive occasion we bought some beer imported from Munich. We're not big drinkers, but now and then we enjoy a beer. 
I don't care for straight beer all that much, which is almost a crime if you're German!
However, I do absolutely love it mixed with Coke. Where I'm from we call it a "Cola Schobbe"
The mix for a Cola Beer is simple. Just pour equal parts of beer and Coke in a glass. 
Preferably a nice big beer mug. This was always my drink of choice, when I went out with my friends. I've tried to make it with different kinds of American beers, but it never really tastes the same as it does with a real German brand of beer. It works kinda OK with the Heineken brand.

 
Hmmm, hmmm Curry Sauce!
This is good stuff and goes great with German brats and sausages. Curry wurst is a fast food type dish in Germany and can be found pretty much everywhere. This sauce is great, but a bit different from the curry ketchup used for curry wurst. This has a sweeter taste. While I really like the sauce I do prefer the spicier curry ketchup. 

Find my Curry Wurst Recipe here



And my all time favorite salad herbs. Maggie #4 these herbs from the dill family are great. 
My dad threw this stuff on any kind of salad and they tasted great. In fact he still uses it.


As you can see on the main picture I also purchased a new Kitchenaid spring form.


Thanks for looking



No comments:

Post a Comment